Take the time to reflect upon the past season and use this time to settle into the autumn weather.
Now is a great time to start nourishing the gut and immune system ready for any unwanted pathogens that may be lurking around. A beautiful way to nourish the immune system is to start dosing yourself with high vitamin C, natural D3, antioxidants, nutrient dense wholefoods, soups and broths.
If you haven't already tried sweating out your summer toxins it’s a great opportunity to start incorporating a traditional or infrared sauna into your daily or weekly routine. This alone does so much more than detoxing but strengthens your immune system by creating heat shock proteins.
If you struggle to eat nutrient dense wholefoods consider both our immunity and gut wholefood blends as they are a perfect way to saturate your cells with the nutrients they crave. The gut blend in particular will populate your gut with amazing microbial activity, help you absorb all your nutrients with our digestive enzymes and power up your immune system starting from the gut.
We have currently been baking breads, making superfood muffins and nourishing soups with both these beautiful blends. Simply use your favourite recipes and incorporate the gut and immunity blends to the recipe.
Here is a recipe you may want to give a try with our GUT blend.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or EVOO
- 1 brown onion – diced
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- Small knob ginger – crushed/grated
- 1 large zucchini – diced (1/4 moon)
- 3 medium size potatoes – washed, grated and cubed (2cm cubes)
- 4 stalks celery – sliced
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- ½ cup quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Optional * 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons bone broth concentrate (Best of the Bone)
- 2-3 cups of water
- Optional boiled egg
- Bush Tucker Blends – g’day gut – 1 tablespoon
- In a large pot on medium-high heat add in your ghee or EVOO
- Add in your onion, garlic and ginger – cook until onion is softened
- Once soft add in your potato, zucchini and celery, season with turmeric, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well – let cook for about 5 minutes
- Add in bone broth, gut powder and liquid (the liquid should cover the vegetables – adjust quantity if needed) add in your kale and quinoa and give a good mix – season with salt and pepper if needed (optional - add in butter to make creamier)
- Bring to boil, once boiling turn down to medium-low heat and cover – cook until potatoes are softened (about 10-12 minutes)
- Serve with boiled egg on top (optional)