We are on a mission to assist, educate and empower people on their health and wellness journey. We achieve this, all while acknowledging, respecting and empowering Australian indigenous culture.
Bush Tucker strongly believes that to truly live a healthy life and to “heal” you need to address both the emotional and spiritual aspects of your life. For this reason we have decided to support ANTAC who foster the Ngangkari people of Australia.
Who are Ngangkari people?
Ngangkari people are traditional Aboriginal Healers who are located in many communities throughout wider Australia. Traditional Aboriginal healing is as old as the culture itself. Over a long time Aboriginal healers built a body of knowledge based on the resources and wisdom they found on the land. In Aboriginal culture the Ngangkari are seen to be equal to that of a modern day Doctor.The reason for this like many eastern style medical practices is that Indigenous Aboriginals see the mind, body and spirit as one. To be a Ngangkari you need to be born with a healing gift that is fostered from childhood. Traditionally there are 3 techniques that are used.
- A smoking ceremony that is used to cleanse;
- Bush medicine;
- Spirit realignment. It is common for them to use their hands to find blockages, obstructions or stagnant energy in the body. This method is known in the modern day world as reiki.
This ancient wisdom has yet to be legally recognised within the Australian Healthcare system for both indigenous and non indigenous Australians. Bush Tucker believes that it is integral for this wisdom to be shared and fostered with all Australians alike. In South Australia this traditional form of health care is still alive and well and even utilised in western style hospital settings.
Our 3 step vision
- Introduce traditional Ngangkari healing modality to the wider Australian community.
- For Ngangkari services to be more readily available and recognised within all states of Australia for both indigenous and non indigenous Australians
- To assist the Ngangkari people to be recognised and given a pay scale within government bodies.
Our ETHOS is simple, our standards are high:
- We respectfully acknowledge and pay our deepest respects to all first nations people both past and present who have been foraging, farming and consuming these ingredients for 65,000 years and beyond.
- We only use 100% natural ingredients with a strong emphasis on Australian natives.
- We source our Australian Native ingredients from indigenous owned companies wherever possible and are working toward the goal of making it 100% when it becomes possible.
- We NEVER use synthetic lab made vitamins and minerals or anything else that isn’t derived from nature.
- All our batches of blends are third party tested by a TGA certified laboratory for potency and purity.
- We continually strive to select ingredients that use wild harvested, ethical and sustainable farming techniques.
- We demand a transparent and entirely traceable process from start to finish. (refer to our map of traceability)
- We give back to our indigenous communities and it's people in way of donating 10% of our company profits to ANTAC.
- We personally get involved in our charity as we believe this is a crucial part of giving back.